Monday, August 1, 2011

Howard Behrens returns to Ocean Galleries!!!!



Saturday, August 6 
through 
Sunday, August 7, 2011
10:00 AM to 10:00 PM



Receptions with the Artist
Saturday, August 6, 2011 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM

Sunday, August 7, 2011 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM

One of the most popular, beloved, and collected artists of the past three decades,

Howard Behrens returns to Ocean Galleries bringing a new series of gorgeous paintings. The talented artist uses only a palette-knife for its boldness and control, painting with great dramatic intensity and focus. His paintings, distinctively textured and brilliantly illuminated land and seascapes, evoke memories of romantic interludes in exotic settings, often encompassing familiar architecture and promenades.

Diagnosed with Parkinson’s a few years back, the renowned artist feared it might limit his painting abilities. Behrens recently explained, “Last May, as my Parkinson's Disease progressed, I realized that I truly am in the twilight of my long career. Giving in to a strong inclination and urgent inspiration, I started painting the magic and romance of spectacular sunsets in some of my favorite places in the world. My goal at this, my last gallery show, is to showcase what the twilight years mean to me. I think that the new direction in my art is very powerful, and it evokes enormous emotion in me as I begin to say farewell to so many friends and collectors, especially here at Ocean Galleries.” Like the extraordinary artist, this very special showing promises to be extremely memorable.



All of the art exhibitions are open to the public throughout the respective show dates. The “Women in the Arts” exhibition will be at the Avalon, NJ gallery (22nd Street & Ocean Drive/609-967-4462); all other exhibitions will be in Stone Harbor (9618 3rd Avenue/609-368-7777).

The Stone Harbor gallery is open from 10:00 AM until 10:00 PM daily during the summer season and 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM during the remainder of the year. The Avalon gallery is open from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM daily throughout the summer, but will have extended hours for the “Women in Arts” exhibition (see show description above). For more information or for directions, please call 609.368.7777 or visit www.oceangalleries.com

Visit our TWITTER and FACEBOOK

For more Stone Harbor & Avalon attractions, click HERE

No comments: